Monday, March 31, 2008

Fire Engine #9

We were passing by Wal-Mart on Saturday, and saw that they were having a fundraiser for the Spotsy Volunteer Fire Department. Since Michael is madly in love with fire engines, I decided to be late to our destination and see if we could get some close-ups.
When we arrived, the ladder was all the way up in the air! Michael told me he wanted to go "up in there, please" (the basket at the top). No way, buddy! It was SO high!

Michael and Katie checking out the fire engine.

One of the very nice firemen let Michael get in the fire engine and try on his fireman hat! Michael was in 7th heaven!

6 comments:

Joe & Amanda Hornbrook said...

Mikaela saw Michael's hat and kept patting her head, saying, "hat!"

The Maryland McMillins said...

our michael went through an obsession with fire trucks around that age. so cute!! your michael is growing so fast!!!

Aaron said...

Micahel again mom has put the kabosh on a perfectly safe experience. I cant do firetrucks, but we do get boom trucks to prune trees and I can do 45-60 feet and I ll even up the anty and let you drive.......

Writer's note: My wife is already terrified for our children

Jon, Karen, Michael, & Katie said...

YOU, Aaron, (and my husband) are the reason God invented mothers- so the entire human species of males does not die out! Jon had a 60' boom lift for the church building project, and wanted to take Michael up in that! My husband was offended that I didn't trust him, but I told him that it was the squirmy, unpredictable, fearless little monster that I didn't trust for one second!!

Smallworldtraveler said...

Awww Michael being a firefighter is an honorable profession. And plus you get to drive really fast through traffic while being in charge of expensive equipment! The next best thing would be a policeman. =)

Aaron said...

Karen....you have to wear a harness of course....I never hook it to anything, but I wear it....

You should have heard the comment I made to Jon about starting Michael on mowing the lawn this summer. After all that is why they put that cross piece in the mower handle so you can supervise and teach them while they are young. You can get more work out that way..........