Monday, March 31, 2008

Outdoor Adventures

We have had some nice days lately, and went to the park one day last week for a picnic. Unfortunately, I forgot the camera that day! We have been enjoying our new, safer deck quite a bit, and both kids love to be outside. My dilemma is that I find that I am very unproductive when I am outside with the kids. I just keep thinking about all the things that I could be doing inside, but I really want my children to be "outside" kids. So I am finding things to do while outside, like folding laundry, for example. I did find that this is not the best chore to do outside when it is windy! ;-) I am working on plans for a vegetable garden at the new house, so that will give me some outside chores to do, as well as all the landscaping that will need to be done there, too. Until then, it will be folding laundry, meal planning, letter writing, and anything else that I find to be portable.

2 comments:

The Maryland McMillins said...

i totally agree!! i want to be outside, but keep thinking of what i need to do inside. they aren't little forever, but chores will always be there!! ;)

M&M Perdue said...

Karen,
you are so funny! I love how you folded your launry outside...i think i would like doing it OUTSIDE better than inside!