Monday, April 28, 2008

2-Year-Old Testimony

We were in Home Depot this week (which Michael called Wal-mart-- I guess it is kind of like Wal-Mart for men!) to pick out appliances for our new house. While Jon was talking with the salesman, I was looking around and trying to decide on our selections. My little boy decided that it would be the perfect time to sing The B-I-B-L-E at the top of his lungs. I was a little embarrassed at first, as he was so loud, then I thought about how unashamed he was of his Bible song, and I couldn't help but smile and think of how we adult Christians are often too shy to let people know that we are different. What a blessing and challenge to see that simple, child-like sincerity that isn't afraid of what others might think.

2 comments:

Smallworldtraveler said...

Aren't kid so wonderful with their uninhibited ways? Looks like Michael is certainly growing in the way of the Lord.

Joe, Amanda & Mikaela Hornbrook said...

Child-like faith (and praise!) is so convicting and precious!