Thursday, May 15, 2008

Boys Are NASTY, The Sequel

We went to lunch at McDonalds to take advantage of their "Free Southern Chicken Sandwich with the Purchase of a Medium Drink" promo going on today. For those wondering, it is quite similar to Chick-Fil-A's original chicken sandwich, but missing the crucial addition of Chick-Fil-A "special" sauce, which is currently only available in the Fredericksburg area (though rumor has it that it will be national soon! A fantastic piece of news for all Americans!)
Then the drama unfolded...
Michael says "Potty!!" with a desperate plea, so I asked Jon if he would mind taking him, as I am usually the designated potty-taker, and I wanted a break for once. After about 8-10 minutes, I start to get a little curious, since Jon HATES taking Michael potty, especially in public, and it was taking a long time. Soon afterwards, out come the boys. Jon looked me squarely in the eyes and said, "You owe me BIG TIME!" Here's how the saga went:
Jon took Michael into the mens room, took down Michael's pants, and lifted him up to the urinal. After a few seconds (no peeing), Michael says "Done." Jon said, "No, you need to go potty," but Michael was insistent that he was done. As Jon put him down to pull up his pants, he stepped in something squishy, and realized that Michael was, indeed, done going potty!!!! He had gone #2 while standing at the urinal! So it was a major clean-up operation for Jon, while trying to keep an excited, messy 2-year-old from running out the door back to the play land! I can't tell you how long I laughed after Jon told me the story!!

Yes, that is Jon's shoe in the aftermath. The nastiest part was that you could still see some of Michael's undigested vegetables in it from yesterdays dinner!

7 comments:

devenutoclan said...

Frank didn't find this story as hysterically funny at 5:15am as I did! Must be a guy thing. In fact, I'm still snickering about it...:)

Adrian, Heather, Caleb, and Emily said...

Stories involving toddlers and poop seem to always get people laughing!

The Seekins said...

I laughed so hard my belly was shaking! Actually, I am still laughing and I have read it 3 times! I can so hear Jon saying all of that!
We could have done without the last picture and paragraph though! YUCK!

M&M Perdue said...

That makes me laugh and want to throw up a little bit all at the same time! How funny, I can only imagine how mad Jon must have been. I do have to agree, the last picture is a little disturbing!

Casey & Jennifer Taylor said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! That was SO funny!! I can just imagine how it all went down!

B Scantlin said...

So I am sitting here reading the blog and laughing out loud. The girls are trying to watch t.v. and they are a)upset b/c I haven't told them why I am laughing, how do I explain that to a girl and b) mad b/c they can't here the t.v. SO FUNNY!!

Joe, Amanda & Mikaela Hornbrook said...

Wow!!! 6 Comments and counting! What a great story!! Joe and I thoroughly enjoyed it all, and the last picture just made it all the better for Joe...what can I say? He's a GUY!!!