Thursday, July 07, 2011

Long Days, Short Years

My days are filled with all sorts of busy-ness: preparing 15 meals a day (plus snacks), 60 tiny finger & toenails to clip, endless loads of laundry (with yet another impossible stain), bathrooms that never stay clean, countless corrections and teaching moments, innumerable books to read, trips and chores and errands... (plus shifts at the hospital, ministry opportunities, attempts at hospitality, writing and blogging, keeping up with friends and family, etc)  I was thinking on how quickly these years are going- David will be having his 1st birthday in 2 weeks & Michael starts school soon.  I have to remember that, in the busyness of life, I need to stop and be thankful for the abundant blessing that I have been given.  I need to savor the moments of cuddling in the morning and to appreciate the opportunities to comfort a little one in the middle of the night.  The years are going fast, and I'm learning to enjoy the moment, remembering that these days, though busy, are just a short time that will soon be past. 
"So teach us to number our days, that we may get a heart of wisdom."
Psalm 90:12 

1 comment:

0cf5d732-ae72-11e0-bc4f-000f20980440 said...

Karen, this is SO true....I miss those days and realize how fast thery did go!