Monday, July 04, 2011

Progress in The Garden Suite

I've been working on Kate's room, and it's not done yet, but I thought I would update on the progress.  Thanks for my awesome sis-in-law Debbie for the fence idea, and also for many tips and ideas in the creation thereof! 
This is the small wall that you first see when you enter Kate's room.  I love love LOVE the snail (thank you, Hobby Lobby for having all spring and garden decor for 66% off!!) The picket fencing was stapled up by my handy husband, and it's actually picket fence garden border in a roll. 

 This view is when you first walk in. 

Garden sign

Butterfly garden.  I found the butterfly nets for .60c at Hobby Lobby.  I bought a couple for the kids to use, as well as this one for wall decor.  On the rolling hills, I plan to put some flower stickers.

 Kate's floral bed.  I love the birdhouse chimes from the window.  I want to put a sun sticker on that wall above the top bunk on the left.

To the right of Kate's bed will be a 6 cube organizer with light green fabric cubes for some of her toys.  I ordered those from Lowes with 20% Independence Day sale, and they should arrive either Tuesday or Wednesday. 

 This last wall is a work in progress. I painted the rolling hills and had planned a field mural, but that can get pretty expensive, so I'm going to keep checking the dollar store for flower wall stickers, and hopefully can find a wall sticker tree as well.  
I'm pretty pleased with the progress, and my Kate is SO excited.  She was giddy at bedtime last night. 

2 comments:

wildwestwaldos said...

Karen- Target has a really cute tree with mushrooms, flowers, owls and a few other little creatures- the whole set is 14.99 and it's super cute. I put it in the playroom.

Blakemore Family said...

Oh! Thanks for the tip. I'll head to Target soon!!!