Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Election Day 2012

I took all 3 kids with me to the polls today so I could cast my ballot.  I have been trying to educate the older 2 kids on the election process the last couple weeks, and Michael has been especially interested in the process, but still has yet to grasp WHY we elect leaders.  He has stated that he likes a certain candidate because "I like his style" (seriously, he said that!), or "He has nice hair."  Perhaps he's not far from the logic of an average 18 year-old voter, but at least he has 12 more years before his opinion actually counts for anything.  
As I was signing in to vote- 3 young kids in tow- showing ID, getting my ballot, and preparing to cast my vote, I discovered (a little too late) that Michael, who had asked to bring his notebook in to the polling place so he could "take notes on the election process" (seriously, he said that!), was actually making "VOTE FOR OBAMA!" signs that he was holding up to anyone who would look his way.   
Seriously.  

No comments: