Monday, April 21, 2014

Spring Break 2014

We started Spring break yesterday with Easter (I don't count Saturday, since I had to work), and we plan to have a good mix of activity and leisure.  
We slept in this morning, and the kids played the XBox, read books, and played Legos.
Michael enjoyed some light reading, as well. 

This is my spring break read.   

We went to the Farmer's Market today to get some fresh veggies to grill, as well as to pick up plant starters for our garden.  Kate talked me into a wave Petunia.  That girl loves flowers and all things pretty.  Then we headed to Walmart to get 2 more tomato cages, summer flip-flops all around, and I let the kids pick out a spring break toy each:
 Kate got a hula hoop, David picked a big bouncy ball, and Michael picked a bouncy Frisbee-like toy.

We headed to the park for some running, playing, and bike riding. 
 
Michael has really been loving his bike lately, even after his stitches.  I'm glad he got right back on it, even after a big fall.

We came home and planted our gardens this evening.
4 tomato plants, 2 pepper plants, 4 squash plants, bush beans.

 The kids were good helpers.  This garden has oregano, sweet basil, rosemary, and sugar snap peas.  I want to get some Cilantro, but I didn't see any at the farmer's market.  We did get a CSA share this year to split with another family, so we might be swimming in veggies this summer.  

 We picked up a rain gauge, per Michael's request.  He thought this Moose was pretty funny, and he wanted to hang it on a tomato cage.  I talked him into putting it on the deck. 


No comments: